Twos OK,but not five.(OT)

Ironicaly enough on the day of the big funeral for the four Mounties killed in Alberta,in our Halifax paper today theres a story about a guy who is sueing a Halifax police officer,the city,and I don't know who else because,now get this,he was attacking this police officer with a knife and the cop fired five shots with his gun at him,trying to stop this guy. Now the guy clamins,yes,it did take two bullets to stop him,but the other three were completely unecessary,and the officer got carried away with his weapon. How do guys like this survive getting shot multple times?

Reply to
Robert Black

The police officer should be billed for the other 3 rounds, and be made to requalify with the handgun.

Two rounds is plenty, if they are both in between the eyes.(or in the eyes) (and these are my warm feelings on the subject chuckles to all.)

Reply to
Jim and Kathie Krise

If you draw and shoot, shoot to kill.

Jim and Kathie Krise wrote:

Mounties

Reply to
oldcarfart

I've heard this theory before, but I think it's pretty ridiculous.

Dave

Reply to
South Ga. 61 Hawk

Clearly the victim is in error. If he is still breathing, the officer used at least one shot too few.

Reply to
The Other Dave

Because somebody forgot to shoot the MF perp in the head!

Bg

Reply to
Bill Glass

We had a shooting in the town I was a fireman in years back. I heard the shots while still in bed in the morning. The perp had been stopped by two officers and tried to stab one. The officer who shot him was nervous and started shooting as the gun cleared the holster. His first shot hit him in the lower leg second above the knee, third the upper leg and last in the gut. As we were treating the man we found another knife in his pocket. He was well known to the police as a troublemaker. He was so bad, that his own brother told the cops, "what's the matter, can't you guys shoot straight".

Reply to
Alex M

Depending on the weapon and distance, I like the idea of shooting him in the legs. If that doesn't work, then go for the kill. Some of these perps are sick in the head and the leg shots will "prove" that officer was not aining to kill, just stop the attack. Now, if PCP is involved, that's another story.

Karl (Living there when San Jose was the PCP capitol) Haas

Reply to
midlant

Reply to
Brian Scott

If you get off 5 rounds at the body mass odds are you will hit a "keeper". Calvin

Brian Scott wrote:

Reply to
oldcarfart

It's a officers duty to be able to shoot straight, but....Most that I know their pistol never clears their holster in their whole career. I can see, and have empathy for, a veteran officer that misses. But I also know he is out on the range honing his shooting skills. If not under orders, for pride. These guys, especially small town officers, are not presented with a lethal situation that often. You know the other officers in his department are giving him hell. I bet he wishes he had that shot to do over....

Reply to
kelmbaker

Yep, the first thing you learn at (concealed) handgun school is to aim for the center torso and usually, a adequately placed 9mm will do the job...

JT

Jim and Kathie Krise wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy au Contraire

Cops shooting sissy handguns.

Mark (.357 for me, please) Dunning

Reply to
Mark Dunning

The lightweight 9 mil has changed the double tap (two to the center of mass) into the triple. Two to center of mass and then aim one between the eyes.

If you gotta start shooting, finish shooting.

Mark (I want to walk away from the fight) Dunning

Reply to
Mark Dunning

.45 Automatic for me... serious knock down power and a hit anywhere will remove body parts. .357 is too fast in my opinion.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

My favorite police tale: Detroit officer captures young perp running away. "You know what I'm going to do?" "Yeah, Bob. You're going to take me down the station and I'll be out before you're done with the report."

"Sure, but after that, I'm going to go see your friends, show them my thick soled shoes, tell them that I'm 14 years older than you, yet I caught you in a foot race!"

"NO, Bob. Fer cripes sake, don't do that!"

(According to Bob's sister, who told me why the Detroit cops carry three guns. This was 30 years ago.)

Karl

Reply to
midlant