Value of a 63' Cruiser wanted......

1963 Cruiser .....Rose Mist.......~20K original miles.......front end accident (bad) in early 63' while driven by dealer's wife....completely repaired by dealer (his body shop) in late 80's.....No title...was probably never truly sold from stock......PS, PDB, vinyl upolstery, all like new, never driven for 40 years..just pushed around the shop.....What is the value ?? My Stude value has it as ~$4500. I haven't looked at any guides, but its a 4 door, but nice.....
Reply to
jbreen

PICTURES would tell the story, but that sounds like a fair range.

I have a '62 Texas Cruiser, with 94K on the clock, and I wouldn't take less that that, probably not that at all. I have more in it, and it's a drive anywhere car.

Dave Miller

Reply to
So. Ga. Cruiser

Assume the pictures are of a low mileage, rust-free car that, at least cosmetically looks showroom condition. To drive it may take some work since it hasn't driven in years.

Reply to
jbreen

For some reason my first post on this has vanished..either temporarily or permanently...so if it magically appears please disregard the extra... Anyway, I seem to remember this car a couple years ago; something didn't add up back then.. IIRC it was in the north east somewhere (New York state?). Too many discrepancies for the stroy to be real...IF it is indeed the same car... Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George

George & all: This car has never been listed til recently, on eBay or other selling venture. I now find that there are a few twists to the car/story.....The car has been driven (30K) and now has "some" rust. It has been using "repair plates" occasionally and drives nicely, but has a cracked dash that was covered in leather by the shop. All in all, the owner (who is a distant friend), says the car is in fine running order. A good dash & parts go with the car. Tho the dash will need to be dyed....Anyone ever done 63' Red/Rose interior dash dye ??? The price is $4500. which is what he got on eBay but the deal fell through because the car has no title and was listed as such and the owner wants him to provide one. . Anyone have a lead on title creations ???

Studebaker George wrote:

Reply to
jbreen

Have you checked the link to the NAPA Value Guide on the National (SDC) website?

Reply to
Paul Villforth