Watch out in Oklahoma (sort of OT)

The Oklahoma Highway Patrol's newest weapon. Don't even try to get away from this thing. I understand from the fast bike guys in the ECTA they will go 175 mph right out of the box. Many of these things at Maxton go will over 200mph!

Joe Roberts

Reply to
itraseecab

Now if they can get someone dumb enough to get on it and push it to it's limit. Probably not too many troopers willing to go 175 mph with just a leather jacket and helmet between them and miles of asphalt. I know an ICU nurse at the big hospital here in Columbia who said she sees on average one fastbike rider a week... leather and helmets grind down fairly quickly when you're skidding down the interstate at 100+ mph... she doesn't see the ones who don't wear leathers or helmets, they go straight to the morgue. I read a while back that more and more states are going back to airplane patrols.

Lee

Reply to
61hawk

We have only had one (knock on wood) serious motorcycle mishap at Maxton. A young man dropped his bike while going through the traps at the end of hte mile. He got a time of 165, was probably doing better than that when things began to go wrong. He slid, without the bike for about an eighth of a mile or more. Got up and walked to the rescue team when it got there (that would be immediately as they are at the track). He broke a bone in his foot and one in his hand. Good burn on his back where the leathers got so hot that they burned him. We all felt luck on that run! There is a much modified Hayabusa that has turned 260 mph at Maxton. This is a street bike that the owner often rides to work! Fastest non-streamlined motorcycle ever, anywhere. The bike always makes short shutdown - little less than 1/2 mile from the end of the traps. Joe Roberts

Reply to
itraseecab

There's so much traffic in Georgia now that I don't see why someone would try to outrun the law. And your'e NOT gonna outrun MOTOROLA and the chopper.

Dave Miller

Reply to
South Ga. 62 Cruiser