With Calvin and Jeff gone.....

With both Calvin and Jeff have fled Florida I wonder if they have gone north to reach the South. Further, can Florida survive without them and can Georgia and South Carolina survive with them! Joe Roberts

Reply to
itraseecab

With the wind coming down for the NW it is down to 63 here in Key West

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

I moved as far north to the blueridge mtns as I could without heavy snow and steep elevations that I could not deal with because of my mobility issues. Also the area I moved to is financially devastated , what I did in Jax, Fl. for $60K a year costs me $38K in Clinton, SC. I bought a 95' x 200' commercial lot with 1000 sq. ft. bldg (5 rooms, full bath and full kitchen) and a 20' x 30' garage building ready to move in for $42K and it is on the main drag not far from historic town square. Clinton is centrally located where I-26 and I-385 meet, close to Columbia, Charlotte, Spartanburg, Greenville, Asheville and Atlanta. My next purchase is also on main drag, still in city limits and I will become a landlord to low income area. I am incorporating so anyone interested in land investment in a sure growth area (better than stock market to me, God is not making any more land, but is still letting people make more people). This area is already prepping for becoming a bedroom community for Columbia, Greenville and Spartanburg. I believe the area has hit financial bottom and land values will double or triple in 10 years. If interested in investment that I will be personally be doing hands-on managment on, email me and I will talk to you. This is a minimal investment compared to many areas ($10K-$20K) and you are welcome to come visit and get personal tour.

Reply to
oldcarfart

Ya did good Calvin! (Well, as soon as your Jax place is gone, that is ) Jeff

"oldcarfart" wrote...

Reply to
Jeff Rice

no panic, I am willing to rent to military or whomever can handle $2000.00 a month si, senoir, it will hold many bambinos

Reply to
oldcarfart

I am starting to think about heading "slightly north" myself... now that MY old house is a memory and I doubt there will be any trouble selling the new one. Biggest problem is moving the shop, which I would want to do while I'm still sort of young enough to do it. Get enough property that the house, shop, and boneyard would be together but far enough from each other that the 'ol lady won't bitch..too much... Seems like you two (Jeff and Clavin) are getting way more "bang for the buck" where you are then here in Florida. I figure I have one more year here and then the shop goes on the block. I need to start chopping up some stuff in the yard NOW... I say that as I just bought four more parts cars... Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George

I did a lot of homework and actually ended up shopping in anouther area 15 miles north, but anouther realty agent overheard my requirements, remembered a piece of property that had expired on MLS and showed it to me. I bought those 2 acres for what I was actually intending to spend as a down payment! It helps to bring doughnuts and stuff a sock in your pants to get attention!

Reply to
oldcarfart

Looks like a little slice of heaven to me!!! I'd get the house water checked for pesticides and other odious substances............

Mark (Not too unhappy with my little village) Dunning

Mark Dunning

George Talk Jeff and Calvin into buying 200 acres and we start a Studebaker retirement village. I will move my tons of parts down there and we can save all those precious parts cars. Every time someone joins we will build him a little house. No zoning resptrictions , low taxes etc. People may be able to live on their Social Security checks! R.Kapteyn

Reply to
RBK.

Let me know when you are ready, I am in process of buying more land and acquiring an expert crew of guest labor dismantlers and body work experts who are excited to work for minimum wages plus breakfast, lunch and dinner if on overtime ( I can feed whole family if need be, looks like a correctional institute on visitors day and I am their hero). I know of a 10+ acre lot with large building (150' x

300') for less than $100,000.00 and mucho roomo for traileros. Babelfish is a Godsend to me, Instant Spanish, Pourtoguese , and Asian languages.
Reply to
oldcarfart

and acquiring an expert crew of guest labor dismantlers

That is where I want to get away from. English only,no quests illegals. Need permit to settle there and permits are not issued unless you are in this country legally. A.K.A. Hazelton PA. law. R.Kapteyn

Reply to
RBK.

If I could get domestic quality labor that is willing to work for twice what guest labor costs me I would gladly do it, but unskilled demanding $18.00 + per hour to sit around and coke, smoke and cellphone chat and make no progress for me eats my ass!!!

Reply to
oldcarfart