WTD: Hawk fender and fin

Looking for a rust free as possible driver's side rear fender and fin for 1957 Silver Hawk. The ones for the car were lost in a body shop fire. Fortunately the rest of the car was parked outside.

DGH

Reply to
doug holverson

As you probably know... any Quarter Panel from '56-'64 Hawks will work. The only difference is hole-location for trim. In fact, the GT Hawk Qtrs are probably the best to look for- as they never had the rust-problems under the fins.

Having said that- I'm sure I have several used Qtrs... but unfortunately- no '57-58 Fins. Price will be $150-$200 depending on condition. The problem will be in shipping, as they are large and not many places will accept them without special packaging.

Depending on where you are... you may be able to find ones closer, or pick up @ York. I will look at the shop today and see exactly what I have.

Ray

Reply to
Studeman

I will have a right quarter panel available in the months ahead. It was repaired, (welded), and is generally in good shape but I'm replacing it with NOS anyway.

Should be available sometime in May...

I'm in Austin, TX.

JT

doug holvers> Looking for a rust free as possible driver's side rear fender and fin

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

They were painted after the fin was on. I've seen fenders that looked like they weren't even primed... but I'm sure that's not the case. Those fins will really trap the moisture if you don't do all you can to stop it.

Ray

Reply to
Studeman