ZDDP oil

What oil{manufacturer's oil}is recommended in the February issue of Turning Wheels for Studebaker V8. It is supposed to have the right amount of ZDDP. I had my mag, read it, and gave it to the library. I forgot the info. jimmijim

Reply to
jimmijim

The Feb TW mentions Valvoline VR-1 Racing Oil as having sufficient ZDDP. I may be wrong, but I think most racing oils have ZDDP. I have heard Castrol

20-50 as being ok too. Paul Johnson
Reply to
Paul Johnson

I also understand that Rotella that has the Catapillar app is also OK.

Slowly but surely, the guv'ment is trying to get us out of our old cars...

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Yes, Castrol 20-50 Syntec is touted for old cars. But it might get a mite expensive if that thar' Studebaker leaks too much of the stuff...

JT

(Probably what will go into the Power Hawk this spring)

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire