'02 WRX - engine warm up

'02 WRX, 34K...never noticed something similar before. This morning, turned the engine on as every other day. Just pressed clutch (manual shift) and turned key. Engine started immediately, then, it started to raise RMPs to roughly 2200-2300 in a period of approx. 2 sec and then back to 1500 in the same timeframe. This was going on for good 2 minutes (I left it running without pressing the gas pedal out of curiosity...). After 2 minutes, it finaly stabilized at approx. 1500 and started to drop to 900-1000.....

Anybody ever noticed something similar?...Even in the coldest days last winter, immediately after turning the key it would go to 1500 RPM and stay there until warmed up, then it would start dropping.....Never seen those RPM ups and downs before......

Reply to
Dundo

I have seen this before, the dealer said it's idle control problem, they had it for a couple days to fix it.

Reply to
yyeessyy