07 outback questions

Thinking of getting a new 07 outback.

Will the manual transmission be better than my 98 Forester? (I hope so as it's a little finnicky)

Our Forester has been pretty reliable but what about the outbacks? Searching finds some people have had trouble....wheel bearing (had one replaced on the forester).

How about winter tires? these outbacks are standard 17" wheels. Can I get away with 16 inch steel wheels like the basic outback has?

Also the tire pressure monitor....with separate tires I guess you get used to the indicator light?

Thanks

Reply to
Myles