1997 Legacy Wagon - ingition override switch?

I cannot turn the key ;-( Tires straight, level surface, tried turning the wheels, moving the steering wheel up and down, rocking the car, yada, yada, yada but to no avail. Didn't have any problems prior, I also tried different keys.

The owners manual says there is an override switch you can use when you cannot turn the key. I removed the steering column cover but for the life of me do not see it. Any input on the location would be helpful (top of steering column? bottom? left side? right side?

TIA - OZ

Reply to
Duh_OZ

Never did find it, but a moot point as it turned out the ignition had a broken pin. They key I was using wouldn't work after the ignition fixed, but the original and some duplicates I have work fine.

Repair cost wasn't too bad - had it towed(covered) to a local shop and the final bill was $75.00.

Reply to
Duh_OZ