2000 Forester Electrical Problems

For the past couple months the door locks unlock and lock while I am driving. The problem occurs most often during snowy and rainy days. Sometimes during a short 15 minute trip the locks will trip 40 times. The noise is very annoying. The problem has worsened recently. Sometimes I hear the voltage changes picked by the radio. Also, I heard the alarm clicking as well on Saturday while driving. I searched this group and noticed that this problem has occurred with some older Legacy models. I understand that the problem can be fixed by replacing the wires in the driver's door panel. Has anyone had this problem in a Forester? Also, how much would it cost for the dealer to fix this? The car has 94K miles and no warranty coverage.

Thank you for your help!

ACW

Reply to
ACW

AFAIK it should be a recall issue, not a warranty issue, so you should get it done for free if you play your cards right.

-mark

Reply to
jb