2000 OB>any diff between cali. & 49 state version?

i live in colorado and i'm looking at a 2000 outback that is from california. in the past cali. motors had extra emissions which i don't want as they suck power. does the 2000 have this? thanks, bill

Reply to
eakins

Hi,

If it's a "California" car, the only thing you know for sure is it's got the maximum amount of emissions equipment--many "49 States" cars aren't that far behind, though, and there's less difference each year. As for "sucking power" I'd challenge you to take otherwise identical recent model cars (say last 5-7 yrs, which includes your 2000), one "Calif.", one "49 State", and drive them. I have. If you can really tell the difference, the seat of your pants is more sensitive than mine. I wouldn't waste energy worrying about the difference.

Rick

Reply to
Rick Courtright

Connecticut also requires "California" emissions.

Barry

Reply to
Bonehenge