2005 Forester heated outside mirrors

[This followup was posted to alt.autos.subaru and a copy was sent to the cited author.]

My new Forester has heated outside mirrors listed on the window sticker. I can't find the switch for them in the car. I'm wondering if I have them? Is the wiring there and a switch needs to be installed? Do they turn on along with the windshield wiper defroster? I haven't had a chance to call the dealer about it yet.

Thanks, Bill Hornell, NY

Reply to
Bill607

What does the manual say about heated mirrors?

Reply to
Sniper

Should be a picture of it in the manual. It is to the left of the steering column on the dash. Next to the cruise control button. If you have only heated mirrors it will look like a "P" with squiggly lines through it. If you have heated mirrors and wiper defroster it will look like a curver windshield with a wiper on it and the squiggly lines.

Reply to
Rat

Reply to
Edward Hayes

I actually asked a Subaru mechanic re heated mirrors. They are in the same switch as rear window defogger.

Reply to
LB

I can confirm this is the case on an 02 Impreza. I would guess that if you had heated wipers, they would likely be on the same switch. There should be a book in your glovebox that could confirm this. ;)

Reply to
Cam Penner

'05 Outback has wiper deicers. However they are on the separate switch (on the left of steering column).

"Cam Penner" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@News.individual.net...

Reply to
LB

I'm coming to this thread late, but on my vehicle (in case it's relevant) the wiper de-icer switch is on the dash left of the steering wheel. The rear defogger is a switch on the middle panel along with the rest of the HVAC controlls. Heated mirrors are a switch on the driver's door just forward of the window controls.

The wiper de-icer automagically switches off after a numer of minutes.

Best Regards,

-- Todd H.

Todd H.

My '02 forester has the mirror heat tied to the rear defroster switch...see manual for exact position. The wiper defroster is a separate switch from the rear defroster. You can see the heating elelments along the bottom edge of the windshield, as the wiperss themselves are not heated. There seems to be quite a cabin controls facelift in '05, so the manual would be the FIRST place to look. Like the engineers say "RTFM41".

Reply to
harv