2009 Forester turbo engine reliability

Looking at 2009 Forester customer reviews at Edmunds.com: some people have problems with the turbo engine (XT): it just dies after couple thousand miles.

Is it the same engine as in previous years?

Boris

Reply to
boris

Some 2009 turbo cars had problems with metal left over after manufacturing in the engine. Then we have seen a few turbo Foresters get a bad knock in only a few thousand miles- we swapped on with a new one from the factory- it also knocked in under 3000. Subaru didn't want it the block back, so they know there was a problem. Another shop reported 4 successive knocking blocks in a row on the same car, some never made it out of the tech's stall. Whatever the issue was at the factory, it seems to have been eliminated now. Steve

Reply to
S.Hansen

Thank you for the info. Good to know that the problems were fixed. Btw, in customer reviews (at Edmunds.com) of 2009 Outback XT there weren'any t mentionings of such problems - so I assume this was specific to 2009 Forester (being 1st year model after redesign).

Boris

Reply to
boris

customer reviews at Edmunds.com: some people have

Press forms... they must be indestructible and live foreva, right?

Reply to
Squat n'Dive