94 Impreza clutch slipping

I've got 165k miles on my impreza and the clutch is on it's last legs. Does anyone have an estimate on the cost of replacing the clutch either at a dealership or a local repair shop ?

Reply to
mikey

my '95 was about $1000 at the dealer

Reply to
DG

Do you think it was worth it to have the work done ? I'm a little apprehensive about putting $1000 into this car, but I think I'm going to do it.

"DG" wrote in news:sZ54d.9338$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net:

Reply to
mikey

I just had my '02 clutch replaced at the dealer due to the much reported "clutch judder". It was done under warrantee. Apparently, the replaced clutch did the same thing, so they replaced it yet again before I picked the car up.

Fingers crossed.

Reply to
Cam Penner

Minimum lifespan for a Subaru is generally 200-250k miles. I stress that that is the minimum, so if your Impreza has been well cared for you could get much more. I'm sitting at 169k myself and I wouldn't hesitate to put $1000 into my Outback.

-Matt

Reply to
Hallraker

I finally put one in my 1984 wagon at the dealer and it cost $640.90 with new cable, clutch, and pressure plate.

Reply to
JW

I didn't hesitate doing it since the body of the car is fine and it is being driven/taken care of by my son who is now in college in an automotive service/tech program. He'll be pulling the engine, tranny, diff, etc. and overhauling things as they are needed from now on. Sounds like a rally type upgrade is coming too with turbo, etc.!

Reply to
DG

If it's already slipping then do it now rather than when it totally lunches itself and scores your flywheel! Worth it? How far can you drive with no clutch? How much would you get for the car like that? This way you get to drive it for another 5 years. Cheers

Reply to
hippo