94 impreza - expensive repairs

I have a 94 impreza with 155,000 miles on it. Inspection is a month away and this vehicle needs about $1200-1400 worth of work including clutch replacement, brakes (calipers and pads), repair exhaust leak at head, torn CV boot. The car runs well and looks pretty good. I'm debating about having the work done, or buying another vehicle. If I could get another year or year and a half out of this vehicle that would be ideal. Does anyone have any insight on the longevity of the impreza ? Are they inclined to any other problems with high mileage ?

Thanks,mike

Reply to
mmm00k

Mike

I would personally repair the vehicle. As long as the body is not rusted out, the engine is not toasted, drive it. If you do not feel comfortable, that there will be repairs needed that may strand you, that is a different story.

snipped-for-privacy@rcn.com

Marc Soloway Natick Subaru Sales and Leasing Natick, MA 01760

Reply to
chubbyhubby

other than exhaust leak and maybe the calipers, the rest are normal wear items(stuff most new cars will eventually need) and shouldn't count towards any decision to replace the car really. This assumes a good maintanence history of course. The amount you're discussing is what - about 3-4-5 car payments?

Carl

1 Lucky Texan

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Thanks for the replies. I decided to do the repairs and on further investigation, the repair shop was able to adjust the clutch a bit so that I am not going to replace it at this time. I am back on the road about $500 later and will keep my fingers crossed.

Reply to
mmm00k