Cabin Air Filter aftermarket for 2000 Impreza RS?

Does anyone know of an *aftermarket* Cabin Air Filter for the 2000 Impreza RS? I believe that the Legacy, Impreza, Outback all use the same type of cabin air filter. The Impreza manual says change it every 7500 miles, so it that can really get spendy. The dealer charges $37.50 for the cabin air filter which is outragous.

Reply to
Kajukenb

I have a 2003 Forester and they charge about $40 for those too. But I also wanted better air filtration than the standard filters because the air quality here in the Washington D.C. Metro area gets pretty nasty in the summer.

Anyhow, I made my own three-phase electrostatic filter from scratch. It works *really* well--maybe too well; it actually took out the "new car" smell. :-)

As a side benefit, it is a 'permanent' filter -- it is *designed* to be washed and reused. That is, a person only buys one per car, ever.

If you tell me the dimensions of the Impreza filter and send me a picture of the thing I could make one for you.

- Mike

Reply to
Michael Pender

Reply to