97 impreza wagon; wheels question

After struggling with tire problems (flats, losing pressure, etc) for the past few years, I've decided that the biggest problem I have are the Subaru factory 15" alloy wheels we got as an "upgrade" (over the 14" standard wheel offered) when we purchased this vehicle new in 1997.

My question is, and forgive my overall ignorance, can I just go and get "any" 15" wheel and use those on the sube? Or do I need something "special"

Also, what would the effect be if I were to go up to a larger wheel? aside from larger tires, of course ;) Could I go up to a 17", or would that be a bad idea?

Reply to
bb2004