99 Forester - Cruise control

Hi, Just bought a 99 Forester S-Turbo with automatic. Does it allready have the wiring for the original cruise control? Is it a big job to install the original cruise control? Anybody done that? What about the costs for parts? The car is a 2.0 liter, european model.

Reply to
Helge Opgård

We added cruise control to my wife's US model 1999 Forester L. I had the dealer do the job; it cost $330.88 for parts (including sales tax of 4.5%) and $265.90 for labor in February 2002.

It works well. It should work better in a turbo car. The only time I ever had a problem with the cruise control, and it wasn't really a problem, was when I took the car to a high altitude in the mountains (perhaps 2,000 meters) and, when climbing higher yet, the cruise control could not maintain the speed it disconnected itself. That was quite a surprise at the time; I thought I had serious engine problems. A turbo should not be disturbed by the thinner atmosphere at high altitude.

Reply to
John Varela