Air conditioner water leak

Hi,

I have a 92 Legacy FWD with 80,000 miles on the clock. I bought it about 1 year ago and so far have had no problems, just general maintenance only. However, a couple of days ago when I ran the AC a small trickle of water started to drip into the passenger footwell from behind the glove box. No water is coming in to the glove box itself and this only happens when the AC is on.

Has anybody come across this problem ? Is the fix DIY or is a visit to the mechanic mandatory :-( ? Thank you.

Cheers,

Chamara

Reply to
Chamara Gunaratne

You should be able to do this yourself. Sounds like the drain hose for the ductwork is either kinked or blocked by debris. Leaves very often fall into the fresh air intake and work their way to the drain area. Get under the car and locate the drain hose. Make sure it isn't kinked and run a stiff piece of wire in it to dislodge any debris. You might want to remove the hose temporarily and try to flush things out with water...thru the fresh air intake...make sure to catch the water. TG

Reply to
TG