Alarm Indicator Flashing - What to do?

I have a Subaru 2001 Legacy L Sedan and when I returned to it tonight, the alarm indicator was flashing. The good news is no damage... the bad news is that I cannot reset it or turn the alarm on.

I have tried following the manual instructions of opening the door and going from lock to on twice followed by closing the door and going to on. This did not work.

Please help!

Reply to
Mark Williams

Whoops... It was accidentally put in valet mode.

Valet mode or alarm off: alarm light (red dot center dashboard display) rapidly flashing 3 times means the alarm is in "Valet" mode and is not setable. The light will stop flashing when you start the car. To set valet mode or just to disable the security alarm system: 1. unlock all doors 2. physically open the driver's door 3. hold the UNLOCK button on remote for 2+ seconds or so. The red 'security' light will then flash 2 times a second until the car is turned on

Reply to
Mark Williams