Bad inner CV joint fresh from the shop?

Hello,

I just yesterday got my 93 Subaru Imprezza (front wheel drive) back from my auto shop. It had been in for a few reasons. My starter was failing, it made clicking noises when accelerating around turns, and it was up for inspection.

They replaced the starter and my two front axles. The starter is working fine but I have a new clicking noise when I have to accelerate from stop either moderately to quickly. It sounds similar to the clicking I had when going around turns prior to the replacement axles but with a much deeper tone and even appearing when accelerating on straight-aways.

I'm not much of a car person but I've done a little research. The clicking I had before were bad outer CV joints I think. From what I'm reading it's possible and even likely that my new noise is the result of a bad inner CV joint. Does anyone have any insight or suggestions of things I should check before I call back my shop?

Thanks.

Reply to
shorgs

I'm no expert, but bad CV joints are usually preceded by torn boots. I'd give em a good look.

Reply to
Sheldon