1998 Ford Taurs blower motor update

My brother in law has no heat because the blower motor is not coming on. The blower motor, resister, and relay have been replaced. Both fuses have been checked. There is no power to the blower motor. If both fuses are in ok shape, how can I figure out why there is no power to the blower motor? I dont believe there is any bower to the resistor or switch either.

I really appreciate any help as I am trying to help him out. He just got layed off and has a small child.

Reply to
stryped

Check the power at the switch... then start working back to the battery from that point. There may be a fusible link somewhere along the line or a bad connector.

An electrical diagram will make the job MUCH easier.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

There is no power to the switch. Can someone tell me if there is a fuseable link and where it would be?

Reply to
stryped

No fuse link.

Power flows from the #11, 40 amp fuse in the underhood fuse/relay box to the blower motor relay in the underhood fuse/relay box and then directly to the blower motor. The blower speed switch and the blower motor resistor are both on the ground side of the blower motor.

The blower relay is controlled by the HVAC mode switch. The coil side of the blower relay is protected by the # 13, 15 amp fuse.

So; do you have power at both sides of fuse #11? Do you have power at terminal #30 at the blower relay? If yes, does jumpering terminal #30 to terminal #87 at the blower relay socket get you power at the blower motor?

Reply to
aarcuda69062

I will have to check but I believe I have power to all fuses. When first investigated I had 2 "hot" wires that plug into the relay. Now, one is hot but the other is not.

This is a little hard because he does not have the fusebox cover or the owners manual that tells what the fuse numbers are.

How do I tell what the terminal numbers are so I know what wires to jump?

Reply to
stryped

Oft times, the bottom of the relay has numbers molded in that identify the terminals.

Some pretty good pictures here starting at page 9

aarcuda69062