MK 3 Mondeo: How do you remove glove box?

I know this subject may have been covered many times before, so apologies in advance for making this post.

I'm trying to access the fuse box on my Mondeo MK3 which I believe is located behind the glove-box.

I've found references that say there is a 'lever' which needs sliding over? (Can't seem to see anything like a lever anywhere)

Is there any specific location, left/right/top/bottom?

Attempts to pull the glove box back towards the passenger seat are fruitless as it appears to be pretty well solid and I'm afraid of damaging it.

Does it need a hefty levering out?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

emmtee

Reply to
emmtee

Also sprach emmtee :-

If it's any help - the only one I ever opened I broke!

Reply to
Guy King

"emmtee @YAHOO.COM>" I know this subject may have been covered many times before, so

When you open the glovebox, two lugs at the back will stop it falling completely open. Just squeeze the back edges near the lugs together, and pull it forward. Glovebox will then hinge down allowing access to the fusebox.

Reply to
Moray Cuthill

Thanks guys,

I managed to get it removed without breaking it!!

Only reason I couldn't find the 'lever' was because it had become detached behind the glove-box somehow.

As far as I can see, this lever is only a 'damping mechanism' for opening and closing the glove-box.

Thanks again for your help,

Cheers,

emmtee

Reply to