Car Alarm/Remote combo for self-install

Can anyone point me to info or share his/her experience about about car-alarm systems and installation procedures.

The factory alarm is a bit pricey for what you get. It seems there are less expensive systems available offering tons of options including remote starter etc.

TIA

Florian

Reply to
Florian Feuser /FFF/

Go with the "factory" add-on security. Good install instructions, simple, no problems in 3yrs. Most important, you don't add all those unknown variables when and if you ever have problems and have to troubleshoot. Look for pricing at subaruwrxparts.com

Reply to
David Henderson

For ease of install, you cannot beat the factory systems. Get the OEM part number from the parts counter, then look on ebay or the like for it. I got my factory system, complete for about $50USD. Installing it was a breeze, too.

Reply to
Shamus in CO

Yes, that's what I did with the last Legacy I owned. I haven't seen an OEM system on ebay in a while and I am curious about the options offered by other systems. E.g>: The Amenity Pro-Start 3300 (or whatever it is called) goes for under $75 new. Has anyone here installed one or a similar system?

florian

Reply to
Florian Feuser /FFF/