Dealer incentives

Going back a few years I was active in the auto industry. A friend of mine left to become a sales manager at a local Nissan dealership.

At the time, 10 years ago at least, dealers received a cash incentive going back to delivery number one for the month. Let's say a bonus of $200 per car for delivering 100 units. If the dealer reached 150 that per car incentive might jump to $250 per car retroactive to the first delivery of the month. At the time he mentioned the top of the line cars might sell for $500-$1000 below invoice because the extra units delivered might represent a $20,000 windfall. Anything to gain that next level.

Am curious what the current incentives might be at Subaru? Am seriously planning to visit a dealer next week to see if an end of the month extra sale might generate extra attention.

Reply to
Jim

Sometimes you find 'dealer holdback' (I think that's close to what you're describing) info in Consumer Reports Buying Guide and maybe Edmunds.com or other online car sites. Also, I think April Consumer Reports magazine is on the newsstands, it may have the info you need. I sometimes just go to my library for the Buyers Guide.

Reply to
1 Lucky Texan

Nope. This has nothing to do with hold back. What I described is a marketing incentive to the dealers

Reply to
Jim