Europe converions to 2000 US OBW radio...

Hi,

I just shipped my 2000 Outback Ltd Wagon from US to Finland and I wonder if anybody knows if it's possible to change the radio function so that it also scans all the Finnish FM radio channels? I.e. 89.3, 89.4, 89.5 etc instead of 89.3, 89.5...

With some radios it is possible by welding or removing one component form the radio or even with certain combination of pushing buttons... I wonder if that's possible also with this Radio. BR, -Jaakko-

PS. I don't remember exact radio model but it was standard in Limited model, has casette player and 1 disc CD player & Weather band for US.

Reply to
Jaakko Juustovaara

Don't know the particulars of the radio, but I know you also need to be able to change the AM station spacing to 9 KHz. Some models of Sony car radios have a hidden slide switch in the back to do this.

If you can't find anything else, one place that sells international models of car radios and ships to the US is

Some of the Sony models that they sell get shortwave too.

-- Larry Weil Lake Wobegone, NH

Reply to
Larry Weil