Forester and EZ Pass

Just got my new 2009 Forester.

I have EZ Pass here in PA but I don't want to go mucking up my new windshield with adhesive strips to mount the EX Pass transponder.

Has anyone tried placing an EZ Pass transponder in the overhead sunglasses holder? If so, was it read by the EZ Pass system?

Thanks!

Reply to
Guy Goldich

I mount mine behind the rear view mirror, and I never notice it.

Uncle Ben

Reply to
Uncle Ben

Unless they've changed to a different mounting strip, the clear, nubby 3M strips are inconspicuous when mounted behind the mirror. If you ever have to remove the strips, what little residual adhesive remains is easily removed with a razor blade.

Reply to
Bob Bailin

And if that is still to conspicuous, your local car wash probably sells an EZ pass holder that uses suction cups to attach to the windshield. It never falls off and can be easily removed to store in the glove box.

Jon

Reply to
Zeppo

I keep both of mine in a storage cubby, then just place it on the top of the dash when I need to go through a toll.

Dan D '99 Impreza 2.5 RS (son's) Central NJ USA

Reply to
DJD58