fuel pump problem

I don't know if this newsgroup is actually for this sort of thing but anyway:

I have a 94 rs legacy which died the other day. We found that the fuel pump wasn't working. We took that out and tested against the battery, it works fine. The problem seems to be that the fuel pump is not getting any power, so we traced the power line back to the dash board where it joins in with a million other wires and goes to the fuse box. So.... We checked all the fuses in the fuse box, which are all fine and all have power running to them.

So my question is, is there a fuse for the fuel pump in the dash fuse box? And am I missing something obvious? Or could there be actually something wrong the efi system?

cheers party people

Reply to
Steve

Don't know about your model but in the older model Subarus current for the fuel pump flowed from the ignition switch, through a relay, and then to the pump. My guess is you have a fuel pump relay somewhere in the car. I would find it and then check to see if it is getting/passing any current.

Reply to
johninKY

I don't know specifics, but some cars have a "tilt" switch that cuts off the fuel pump if the car gets hit in an accident. Any chance someone backed into a fencepost or something?

Reply to
Jim Stewart