Most reliable brand - Subaru

But we knew that, didn't we!

Ron

Reply to
Freedom55

Yes, we knew this .

But why did they not mention the fact that "Subaru was the most reliable brand in 2004...." until the end of the sixth paragraph?! Basic journalistic integrity should have put this statement at the beginning of any article titled 'Asian cars still most reliable: magazine'.

Instead they lead off with "U.S. automakers improved the reliability of their products last year, but Hyundai Motor Co. and other Asian companies still make the most trouble-free vehicles,..."

Thoughts? John

Reply to
John A. Mason

Of course they lead off with the mention of US automakers. Don't you realize the world revolves around the US? Every single person on this planet who is interested in cars is absolutely attached to the US Big

  1. One of which is German now, of course.

Every single thing must, must revolve around the US. After all, it is the center of the universe, isn't it?

Ah, yes, American big bus>>

Hallan Blaggit

Ah yes. A balanced opinion from an American. How rare is that?

Reply to
Tony

Americans find it hard to admit that they do not make the best cars. It has to be couched in that language because the average American would not want to hear it otherwise.

Ron

Reply to
Freedom55

Judging by the article's accompanying chart, that's not exactly a bragging point, is it? I've been preaching about the "myth of German engineering" for years. It's nice to see numbers to back up my soap box lectures! :D

Rick

Reply to
Rick Courtright

Heh...a Canadian guy griping about American centrism, in a Subaru newsgroup...lol!

Reply to
CompUser

I hope you weren't referring to me as a Canadian? You are about

4000km out, geographically.
Reply to
Tony

Don't make generalizations.

If it weren't for Americans buying Japanese cars, Honda would still be an obscure motorcycle maunfacturer.

The magazine did what it did because ads from American car makers put bread on their table.

Reply to
Jim Stewart