Full size Subaru

No. I don't have a turbo. I didn't think they put the turbo engine in a regular Legacy.

Reply to
kstahl

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 02:24:01 GMT, "David" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net:

However I think the numbers I found for the Chev were likely today's numbers. They seem a bit low to the numbers I remember people tossing around at the time.

I have a friend with a '70 Olds 455 which in its day claimed to have 550 HP. Today the number is quoted as

375.

Your reference also talks about another factor which is drivetrain losses. FWD cars with less HP can accelerate more quickly because there's actually fewer losses and more HP at the wheel than RWD. AWD or 4WD also loses more than 2WD so needs more HP to offset the losses and extra weight.

Reply to
Juan Vado

I saw yesterday '05 Outback Sedan R (not sure what the R stands from?)

A.

Reply to
Andy Leszczynski