FWIW..just changed the plugs/wires......

on my wifes 1999 Legacy Outback Wagon, 2.5L. Man, what a job. A real bear getting to ALL the plugs to get them out/back in. I think I had less problems changing the plugs on our previously owned 98 Jimmy (driver side center plug...steering column blocks it.

Not fun project, but I guess it's a money saver if you can DIY.

AndyW

Reply to
AndyW

It is satisfying isn't it? I just today put my sport muffler on my new WRX. Sounds like it oughta' now!

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

The first time I changed my plugs, using ill-fitting tools, it took 3 hours of sweating and cussing, alternating a 3" ratchet extension with a 2" u-joint on my ratchet. Next time I'll use a thin-profile ratchet with 2" u-joint and 1.5" extensions, which will work much better. The trick is to get deep enough to reach the firmly-seated plug and still be able to turn the corner in that tight space between the valve cover and the frame.

Reply to
BobN

Reply to
Edward Hayes