GIGANTIC KEY AND FOB FOR 05 OBW

For 52 years I have carried my car keys in my pants pocket. With this car, doing so produces a profound list to port. I have never seem a larger or "klunkier" key set. Other cars have large keys these days because of transponders and such, but nobody lays a hand on Subaru for sheer bulk and impracticality of the key set.

On a previous Subi I was able to forgo the remote locking and have the ignition key reproduced on a reasonable size key blank. Apparently this isn't possible with today's "advances".

I may be the only one bothered by this but I post this in case somebody has found a solution and is willing to share it.

FH

Reply to
FH

Somewhere I once saw a piece on integrating the keyless clicker and the key into one super item kind of like the VW key/keyless (without the switchblade action, of course). The idea was to open the keyless entry, make a rectangle hole for the key shank to protrude from, and then leave the key head inside the open space of the remote. Looked only OK in my opinion, but if you are looking to save space..... Check NASIOC or scoobymods.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Lloyd

My previous vehicle was a Range Rover which utilised a fold up key which was a very good idea for saving space and snagged pockets etc.

Unfortunately I couldn't think of too much more about the vehicle that took my fancy, thus the Subi.

Reply to
Phil