Heated Windshield - 2010 Forester

I have a 2010 Forested, did not come with the factory heated windshield. I had the windshield replaced due to a stone chip. The installer noticed that it was wired for the heated windshield and it was replaced with a heated one. It does not seem to be working. Is there something else I need to do to have this work?

TIA

Reply to
Wiess

I don't know anything about it, but at a guess you might need a switch and a relay to turn it on.

Reply to
John Varela

I never heard about that. It wasn't offered as an option on the 2011 I got recently. There's heated windshield wipers - is this what you mean?

*R* *H*
Reply to
Rockinghorse Winner

=A0 2.6.32.26-175 Fedora 12

Heated wipers - correct! The area where the wipers park is heated, similar to the rear defrost. The guy at the auto glass shop pointed out that the wiring was in place if I wanted to upgrade the new windshield. I did opt for the upgrade but it does not seem to be working. Is it on the same circuit as the rear glass and heated mirrors?

Reply to
Wiess

=A0 2.6.32.26-175 Fedora 12

That seems to have been part of the optional All Weather Package and, according to

activated by turning on the rear and mirror de-icers. But perhapsthere is an additional relay or fuse.

Reply to
1 Lucky Texan

Caveat: this information is for a 2008 Outback but there may be similarities.

My car has a 20A fuse (#9) in the interior panel which feeds the 'Mirror heater' and the 'Front wiper deicer'. The manual does not specify any of the relays in the car so I don't know if there are relays for these functions -- at that sort of current rating they could go either way.

Reply to
John McGaw

Correct. There is a single switch for the rear, mirror and windshield wiper defrosters.

*R* *H*
Reply to
Rockinghorse Winner