Ignition light for MY04 Forester?

In the showroom the other day, I noticed that the XT has an ignition ring light. My Forester X does not. Can I buy/install one? Has anyone done this?

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Hess

That was one of the things on my list of things to do when I got the X, however I never had a problem finding it while on our trip or I will always see it before the cabin light will dim out.

Anyways, according to the service manual, B224 is the connector that's used for the ring light. I haven't verified whether it's there for the X. The only other thing is that I can't seem to verify whether the ring light is a separate attachment or is it attached to the ignition lock. I've read on the usenet that it is attached, but you know how reliable that information can be. The service manual is no help (at least the one that I have). I haven't found the assembly drawings yet.

My GUESS is that you need to also replace or cut into the enclosure that surrounds the column. Seems to be an easy mod after I find out whether the ring light is separate.

Reply to
Xtranet