Impreza purchasing question...please give advice

I am planning on purchasing two impreza ts wagons... or perhaps 1 ts and one rs. If i walk into the dealerhsip and say "ill give you MSRP plus tax" (gst in canada) ... is there a likely hood that they will accept this offer? anyone out there got some ideas of what the cheapest you can get a subaru for?

Reply to
dontbeleivethis

Yes. Probably in a heartbeat. Did you mean invoice + tax?

Reply to
Cam Penner

In the US they seem to be selling close to invoice. See also Edmunds' True Market Value.

- D.

Reply to
TransFixed

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Does paying cash increase chances of getting a better deal?

If so, I wonder why. Financing surely has to be more profitable to the dealership- they get commissions for loan origination from the source of funds (bank, etc.).

Or is it just sheer respect for possession of CA$H, that in our capitalist society, that empowers the buyer to get a better deal (???)

s.z.

Reply to
UserEddie214

wrote

Two huh? His and hers subies? Just to be clear here, the RS is only available in sedan.

I am assuming you mean invoice, not MSRP? For that I guess it depends on one thing... how are you going to find out the invoice price? Its not available to the public like it is in the US. Not just a conversion from US$, either (I know a car salesman and he tells me people do this all the time). If you tell them you know the invoice price and then its not correct, they will just laugh at you.

Also about paying cash. You actually have a better chance at a deal if you finance, because they make some money off you doing that. When you set up the financing, make sure you are allowed to pay it off early, then when the first payments comes up, just take your cash and pay it off.

Good luck and let us know how things come out.

Reply to
Brian

About the only thing better would be if you said "i will give you MSRP

  • ,000 and not a penny less"

just kidding.. i am sure you meant invoice. ;)

Reply to
Michael Smith

Incredibly likely. There's no way you should pay anything near MSRP for a non-turbo Impreza (or turbo one for that matter). Post a message at

on a purchasing forum or local forum and you'll get your answer pretty quickly.

Reply to
Rockman