Purchasing advice?

I'm thinking about purchasing this car but I don't really know what it's worth. The Black book website only goes back to 1994. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

1991 Nissan Maxima 250,000 km 3L V6 climate control cd some rust, not much... no holes, just surface rust. overall decent shape

BTW - I'm in NB, Canada so please tell me if your price is CAD$ or USD$... thanks!

Reply to
williams8080

Check out

My guess is it's worth around US$2000-2400. That car is high mileage (155,000 miles). You will definitely have some maintenance issues if certain things haven't been replaced by now, e.g. window regulators, alternator, cv joints/axles, clock, radiator, hoses/belts, fuel filter, exhaust manifold studs, power steering pressure hose, brakes of course, transmission, struts, timing belt & tensioner, water pump, coolant temp sensor. Otherwise, it's a great car (if it's a GXE) If it's an SE, be prepared for some expensive work to the VTC camshaft sprockets. If it's been well maintained, you've probably got another 50,000 miles left before you have MAJOR engine issues, as most cars have at this point in their lives!

Chris

90 & 94 GXE's
Reply to
Chris H