Impreza Turbo - Loss of power

Hi fellow scooby owners,

I finally got round to myself the Impreza Turbo I always wanted a few weeks ago, and am generally pretty happy with it. The only problem I am getting with it is a loss of power over the last week.

This problem seems to be intermittent, for example it was well down on power most of last week, but I took it on a long run down the M4 at a constant 80/90 mph and that seem to bring the power back again. And on my usual commute, and the power dropped off under hard acceleration in 4th gear, and I'm now back to square one with virtually no boost from the turbo.

The turbo itself sounds like it's trying to do it's job, winding up at the right place, and the dump valve hissing correctly when getting off the gas. Although I can verify exactly how much boost I'm getting as I don't have a gauge.

I thought maybe it was blocked injectors, so I'm in the process of putting a bottle of injector cleaner through.

The car is a standard 1998 Subaru Impreza Turbo apart from a ScoobySport Exhaust and K&N Induction Kit.

Does any of this sound familiar ?

Thanks in advance for you advice.

Reply to
AndyR

If you have a catalytic converter, it may be partially blocking the exhaust. Check for back pressure in the exhaust in front of the catalytic converter if present.

Reply to
Stephen Macy

It could be the hot weather we are having at the moment - it affects all turbo cars. Do a search on

and you'll get loads of info.

Ben.

____________________________________________________________________ Ben Farmer Mobile: 07786 864479 Department of Materials Science and Metallurgy Tel: 01223 334339 University of Cambridge, CB2 3QZ. Fax: 01223 752836 ____________________________________________________________________

Reply to
Ben Farmer