keyless entry help

Hi Does anyone know how to reset or enter a new code in the drivers door's keyless entry? I have bought a second hand 96 Legacy GTB and don't have the code or the manual.

All I know is that its a four digit code and if you lift & hold the drivers door handle (whilst unlocked) for five seconds it beeeeeps for 10 seconds or more.

Thanks Mike

Reply to
mike

Mike,

Look for the listing on the left side that talks about the Keyless/Alarm Manuals.

This is what is listed:

1997-1998 Legacy Security System Upgrade, H7110AS600, Install Manual

1995-1996 Legacy and Legacy LSi Keyless Entry, H7110AS000 and H7110AS300, Install Manual

Hope that helps.

Bill

1995 Legacy LSI with 104K and the limited security system.

Reply to
Bill Pelka

I got a '94 legacy turbo, this is how it works with me:

- bring the key to the "on" position w/o starting the engine

- open the driver's door

- lift the door handle and hold it for a longer time until you hear it beeping

- the old code is now erased and the memory ready to set a new one

- enter the first digit by lifting the door handle for as many times

- wait a second until you hear a beep

- enter the second digit and repeat steps above for position 3 and 4

- wait a moment. You'll hear two beeps

- repeat above steps to re-enter digits 1 through 4 for confirmation

- the code is saved

hope that works for you,

cheers, Mike

"mike" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:42049c91$ snipped-for-privacy@clear.net.nz...