Legacy 1996 Check engine light problem

Hi Guys,

Recently, my Subaru Legacy '96 started showing the check engine light for about a minute every time i start it.

When i start the car,RPM's go up to

2000 and then start fluctuating between 1500 and 1000.This is when the check engine light comes on.On revving instantaneously,the light goes off and the RPM's come down to 500 which is normal when on idle mode.

Could there be a bigger problem building up? Please assist.

Rgds,

Macharia :(

Reply to
macharia

Need to know the code, but guessing it maybe the throttle position sensor.

Blair

Reply to
Blair Baucom

My problem was a engine coolant sensor, but I needed to read the codes to learn that. Connect it to a computer and see what the code is

Reply to
Ralph E Lindberg