overhead light doesn't go on when door opens

....after i had my headlight replaced last week, my overhead light in the car no longer turns on when a door is opened. The switch is in the correct position.

Is this likely to be a fuse box or a seperate more involved issue.

Tks,

Reply to
Idahoe

Does it work manually? Does it work with any door?

Blair

Reply to
Blair Baucom

Check the bulb.

Reply to
David

The bulb works, it works when switch is moved to 'always on.' None of the four doors, when opened, will activate the light. Nor will the keyless entry system.

Reply to
Idahoe

Is the check engine light on?

If so there may be a computer glitch that isn't seeing the door switches.

Reply to
Bonehenge (B A R R Y)

What model and year, some one may be able to help more. Some models have an integrated module which control the dimming when the doors close. Looks like the same fuse for on switch or door switch. Does the door ajar indicator on the dash light with a door open?

I have schematics for Forester 1999-2004, which are similar to Impreza. Subaru would tend to use similar wiring in most models of the same years.

Blair

Reply to
Blair Baucom

Oy.

Did anyone do any interior work, or remove any interior trim panels?

The dome light circuits usually work by providing 12V to the fixture, and then floating the ground such that when any door opens (or the switch on the fixture is turned to always on), the switch shorts the floating ground to the vehicle body.

There may be a fuse in that ground path, but generally they fuse the

  • supply line which obviously works fine since the dome light does work manually. You may be dealing with trying to hunt down a faulted wire and that can be a PITA.

A wiring diagram for your vehicle is what you need to say more.

-- Todd H.

Todd H.

Door switch stuck?

Reply to