Legacy SatNav

I travel to Spain quite a bit and I wanted to update the SatNav in my 2 year old Legacy to the latest version as many roads I use are missing. I was quoted £350 incl VAT for an upgrade - Part number is 86283AG070. This seems astronomic to me as it's based on Navteq data and the most expensive disc I can find for other car models covering all Europe on their website (they don't do Subaru) is around £200. Am I being ripped off ??

Reply to
dukeofearl

Poo Poo Head

Me thinks for that kind of money you can buy a standalone system. I bought a Garmin 2610 recently for under $470. Euro version might be a little more. The unit came with 256mb compact flash that is good enough to cram most of the western states. Another option is a PDA + gps (iQue, etc). Easier to remove from the car in case break ins are common in Spain. If you have a pda already you just need a software plus bluetooth gps combo (Destinator 6, etc). There are newsgroups dedicated to gps you might have more luck there if you stubbornly want to use the built in unit :-)

Reply to
Body Roll