Luggae Pods?

I have a '99 Subaru Outback and want to buy one of those Thule or Yakima luggage pods to mount on the factory rack. Anyone have suggestions as to brand/model/size? I'd also appreciate any good news/bad news about real life experiences, especially how they handle high winds.

Thanks in advance (off line till late Dec)

Steve

Reply to
Steve Tierra

I sell these in a local bicycle shop.

Both Yakima.com and Thule.com have fit guides on the web. You are limited to about 100 pounds, including the box, when attaching to the factory rack. Sticking to a model that does not come out over the windshield is a good idea, and both companies will steer you away from overhanging boxes in the fit guides. Some longer boxes may interfere with the rear lift gate.

Both manufacturer's sites can guide you after you plug in your vehicle information.

Barry

Reply to
Bonehenge

I have a Thule Evolution 1600 mounted on the factory rack on my 1998 Forester. No problem with wind, and it only cost me about one mpg on mileage. I highly recommend this model. It can be mounted on a Forester without overhang in font or interference in back.

George Adams

"All good fishermen stay young until they die, for fishing is the only dream of youth that doth not grow stale with age." ---- J.W Muller

Reply to
George Adams