More Info on Impreza Rust

The dealer tells me that the spots on the interior cloth type roof are indeed rust and that because they do not have a body shop I have to look elsewhere to find the exterior leak - the pits! Greta

Reply to
Greta

I have the same rust problem on my 2002 Impreza as well. I found last week

3-4 spots of bubbled paint on my top, just in front on the roof rack. Anybody else with that problem on 2002-2003 Impreza?

Reply to
PP

Just still another testament to the *FINE* fit/finish and quality (and the servere lack of it) by Subaru

i expect this kind of crap from a $6000 "Chery" from China.....not on a $20,000+ car from Japan.

Subaru will never learn......

Reply to
Bob's Backfire Burrito

Greta, "One of those carriers came with the car"

PP, "just in front on the roof rack"

Might it have anything to do with the additions on the roofs both posters mentioned? How are these attatched to the car roof? My '93 has no roof adornments and no rust on the roof, but wherever the paint has had obvious damage, rock chips on the hood, etc., there is proportional rust, but only if you inspect with a magnifying glass. (-;

~Brian

Reply to
strchild