new forester mileage

does anyone know what new foresters atomatic get as far as actual mileage

thanks vinny

Reply to
vinny

On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 13:12:35 -0500, vinny wrote: : does anyone know what new foresters atomatic get as far as actual mileage :

In the XT, 17mpg in more urbanish than suburban Florida driving.

Reply to
Howard Goldstein

I don't have a Forester but the Outback has, AFAIK, the same drivetrain and similar weight and frontal area. I can say that my 2008 Outback basic 2.5 with auto has gotten an average of 26.7mpg over the past 4500 miles and can get between 29.5 and 30mpg on the highway. The highway mileage is basically all on cruise control and holding right about the speed limit, 55-70mph.

Reply to
John McGaw

My '03 Forester gets 21-23 mpg local trips and 30 highway. Wife's '08 about the same.

Reply to
Frank

I have a 2010 Forester automatic with about 1500 miles on it, so far my mileage has been between 26 and 27.5 with about 75% highway ( 75 mph) and

25% local ( 25-45 mph). I did drive 40 miles at around 55 and saw 30 mpg on the dash before I lost patience and stepped on the gas :-) Almost all this was with the A/C on, it's been hot and I like it cool. I'm happy with the mileage so far and it might even improve as it breaks in a bit more.
Reply to
Mike S.

I have a 2009 Forester (5 speed standard), about 5000 mi, 32.6 mpg Highway, 60 mph on our last trip. Average as figured by the car, 29.4 mpg

....Rob

Reply to
rss1