One-time failure of clutch in 99 Outback

Last week, it was pretty cold out here (in eastern Washington state), about -10 deg F or so. After starting up the car in the morning and driving a couple of blocks, the clutch pedal dropped flush to the floor during a up-shift and remained there. I coasted into a parking lot and pulled the pedal up with my hand and from then on everything seemed ok and it hasn't happened since. The dealer was not aware of any recalls or tech bulletins. Clutch fluid level is fine and is changed out every couple of years.

Anyone else have this happen to them? Any ideas on how to prevent this in the future?

Paul

Reply to
Paul

My car does the same now and then and cannot work it out. It is an Australian Liberty (legacy) 2.5 MY01.

If you work it out let me know.

Paul wrote:

Reply to
Chris Simpson

Reply to
Edward Hayes

There is a TSB on clutch not returning after shifting. TSB#03-52-03 dated

Reply to
Edward Hayes