Outback 96 with "check engine" light on

I need help to know what would be the problem with my Outback 96.(114.000 kmts) Last week i took it to the dealer and they scanned the computer and told me to change both lambda sensors (they were bad). I retired my car on Friday and the "check engine" light went on just 30 miles away. Took it again to the service and they scanned again the car, nothing found but re-programmed the injection and spark parameters to the manufacturer original levels. Today, 30 miles away from the dealer and returning home from my job, the light went on again...

Thanks

Ricardo Chile

Reply to
Ricardo

If the check engine light comes on, I would think there *must* be a trouble code.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Find out what the codes are, if your dealer won't tell you then go somewhere else. The dealer should do this for free if you let them fix the problem/. TG

Reply to
TG

AutoZone will pull the codes for you and this NG people have the code information. Ed

Reply to
Edward Hayes

Good call, but they don't do it in my area (California), and I doubt they do it in Ricardo's either (Chile).

I'm for trying to extract the trouble code from the dealer. I hope they scanned it...

Reply to
David

Drop te code next time it happens. There has to be one unless you've got a creative computer! Make sure they clear it down afterwards or it'll just stay there. Purge r solenoid often gives annoying intermittent errors once everything's warmed up but you need the code to know what the problem is - so does the dealer.

Reply to
hippo