Pollen cabin filter for Forester

Does anyone know whether the 03 Forester equip with a cabin air filter?

Reply to
Eric

I think just about all modern (since the mid-90s) cars with A/C have cabin air filters. A/C evaporators used with R-134a seem to perforate without them, as a corrosive mud forms. Some cars run the blower for a few minutes after the engine is shut down to dry the evaporator.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

The obvious people to discuss this with is your local Subaru dealer. Where abouts in Australia are you located? I can supply the name address of your nearest dealer.

cheers

Eric wrote:

Reply to
Tony Burns (permanent dismisse

Yes. You have to remove glove compartment to get at it. Dealer replacement part is outrageously over $50. I just took mine out and washed it. If it gets beyond cleaning point, I will make my own replacement. This has been discussed before in ng. Frank

Reply to
Frank

I know that in the states, in 2003, the cars would come equipped with the in-cabin filter as an option.

As far as the filter being effective for pollen.... mmmm.. i have my doubts. The filtration surface is not that tight, and what is interesting, it is not even glued to the filter frame.

Good luck.

Eric wrote:

Reply to
AS