programing settings 2014 subaru outback

Does any one know how to program a 2014 subaru outback to unlock all of the doors when you approach?

Reply to
Pat

If the Outback is like the Forester, press the unlock button twice. You might have to get the hang of the correct spacing between button presses.

Reply to
John Varela

The Outback does respond that way to presses of the key fob, but it sounds like Pat has one of those newfangled entry systems where you merely need to approach the vehicle with the electronic key and the vehicle will unlock itself. Thus his/her question about how to change the programming so that all of the doors in that situation.

Patty

Reply to
Patty Winter

You know we're old men, when we go what's wrong with using the key fob? ;)

Yousuf Khan

Reply to
Yousuf Khan

:-)

Since I got the 2013 Outback, I have problems because my 1986 car doesn't have electronic locks, so sometimes I start walking away from it in a parking lot, only to realize that I can't lock it from the fob and have to walk back and put the key in the door. :-)

Patty

Reply to
Patty Winter

Nowadays, you can't even open these cars with the old-fashioned turning key, as it sets off the car alarm. They expect you to open it with the fob only.

Yousuf Khan

Reply to
Yousuf Khan
[snip]

Yeah, I know. One of the first questions I asked here after I got the Outback was what to do if the battery goes in the fob and I have to open the car with the key. I was assured that there are steps I can take to silence the alarm. Of course, I've now forgotten what those steps are, and the Outback's user manual is so badly indexed that I can only pray that such an incident happens during the day and doesn't wake the whole neighborhood before I can stop the alarm. :-)

Patty

Reply to
Patty Winter

The last time I had a fob fail, not just a dead battery, I found(after a while) in the manual where to disable the alarm. A new fob for my '07 OBS is now over $200 with programming. I now have a working fob again only because a friend of mine, who has done blown cap replacement on PC motherboards, was able to resolder the surface mount microswitch that opens the locks.

David

Reply to
David R. Birch