"Pugs" on an old four lug sube

I know they fit, and have access to some. I know they are tough for the offroading I most often see them on. I did learn the center hole is a bit bigger than the tight fitting oem... Just inquiring if anyone invented anything to fill in the space and make it perfectly undoubtable... I am not after offroading in the 21 year old dual range scoob, I am after

77mph at 2900rpm forever at 40mpg with a 15 inch tire that can handle it...with the real sound of a real scoob none can immitate (just had to add that last part) The pugs offered to me can hold the tire, but I do not like the loose fit on the hubs/ rotors center. Any ideas? A fat center cap perhaps? part numbers? I am going to have to invent something? I have driven these model subes until I was exahusted. The 13 inch tires on warm sunny days, even the best of them, needed a break every 300miles or so... not that I didn't, but some can relate to long trips and 13 inch wheels...they don't go together.
Reply to
bg

Lots of guys at

seem to have experience with the pug wheels. Maybe someone does make a 'hub centric adaptor'. I dunno.

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

I wouldn't worry about the hub center as long as the Peugeot wheels and the little conical steel insert thingies are clean. They'll center things adequately. Watch for wheel offset, tho; at least some of the Peugeot wheels will have a taller tire rubbing the wheel well lip.

FWIW, I've been using 185/80/13s on my '84 4X4 GL for years with great results. Ups the gearing about 10%, and gives nearly an extra inch of clearance over the stock size. 75MPH is just over 3K RPM, and I routinely get 30MPG (EA-81). I'd recommend trying that before venturing into the uncertainties of non-standard wheels.

ByeBye! S. Steve Jernigan KG0MB Laboratory Manager Microelectronics Research University of Colorado (719) 262-3101