Question about 1999 Legacy L wagon.

Can this car's sunroofs air-deflector be temporarily removed? If I get one of these cars, I plan to not ever slide the sunroof back/forth, negating the purpose of this deflector.

Reply to
PCB

Are you talking about a deflector built into the sunroof (i.e., it pops up a bit when you open the sunroof) or the dark plexiglas type that sit on the top of the roof? The latter type is easily removed but I don't think I'd mess around with the former.

Dan D '99 Legacy L 30th (son's) Central NJ USA

Reply to
Dano58

I'm talking about the plexyglass thing that bulges above the roofline. Easily removed, you say, but would it be just as easy to put back? What kind of tool would be necessary for this? Thanks!

Reply to
PCB

That's an add-on accessory. Tear it off--literally--and use Goo-Gone to remove the adhesive from the roof. If you want to put it back use some double-sided foam tape.

I'm thinking that thing makes a lot of noise. Is it on the front or rear sunroof? (some models have both)

-John O

Reply to
JohnO

If I recall correctly, there are a couple of metal strips that hold the deflector against the roof of the car - I think they go between the sunroof and the roof. Unfortunately, my son is out now so I can't check. If I remeber tomorrow, I'll take a look. I don't think there is any glue holding it on.

Dan D '99 Legacy L (son's) Central NJ USA

Reply to
Dano58